Why You Need This Big and Tall Knee Brace for Oversized Knee Support
Having plus-size legs puts you at greater risk of injury, making it difficult to enjoy a more active lifestyle. (Find out if you are overweight or obese.)
This extra-large, performance-focused knee wrap is a great solution for allowing you to continue doing the things you like since it helps manage knee pain caused by conditions including:
- Kneecap instability
- Patella tracking disorder
- Kneecap dislocation
- Meniscus tears
- Ligament sprains
- Patellar subluxation
Or if you’re simply looking for added support when walking, practicing yoga, or doing other athletic activities, you can wear the brace for extra support.
4 Reasons Why You’ll Love This XXL Knee Wrap for Husky Knees
The trouble with many of the XXL knee braces you find at stores such as CVS or Walmart is that they are not designed with the needs of an obese person in mind. They slide down your leg, bunch up, and simply don’t get the job done.
This extra large knee brace is one of BraceAbility’s best and most popular knee supports thanks to several very innovative features, which allow overweight to morbidly obese patients to enjoy a more active, pain-free lifestyle, in addition to protecting their knee against injury. Check out our full line of plus-size supports.
Easy, Wrap-Around Style
The fact that this wrap around knee brace comes in sizes up to XXXL means you don’t have to worry about squeezing into an ill-fitting brace, which can be counterproductive. It comes in XL, 2XL and 3XL sizes, each of which you can adjust quite a bit thanks to the wrap-around straps above and below your knee that are secured with medical-grade fasteners.
An opening over your patella prevents this big knee wrap from pressing on your sore knee joint. Plus, the circular opening allows your kneecap to move more easily as it’s directed by the buttresses.
There is another opening behind your kneecap (popliteal), which helps increase the flexibility of this extra-large knee support. This open back also gives you a cooler fit and prevents uncomfortable bunching.
Breathable, Neoprene-Alternative Material
The compression wrap for plus size knees is flexible and lightweight thanks to the neoprene-alternative fabric this brace is made of, which means you can wear it comfortably throughout the day, including periods of activity.
While breathable, the neoprene-alternative material that makes up this XXL adjustable knee wrap does provide a little warmth to your leg. This is great for soothing achy, stiff, or arthritic knees. However, we also offer a heated knee wrap if you are looking for more warmth.
The latex-free, plus-size sport knee support also wicks moisture off your skin and has antimicrobial properties, making it a great athletic knee wrap. Try out these 7 exercises for overweight knee pain today! Plus, the thin, spongy material is very soft and flexible. Therefore, the brace will stay comfortably positioned on your knee whether you are sitting or standing.
Two Customizable Buttresses
For support, this brace has two adjustable buttresses that can help with medial (inner knee) or lateral (outer knee) instability or any other problems with how your kneecap moves within the socket. (Learn why your kneecap moves from side to side.)
The thinner fabric support attaches via pull tabs at the front of the brace and provides light tension to pull the kneecap in the right direction. You can flip the brace to switch it from lateral to medial pull or vice versa.
The thicker, horseshoe-shaped buttress provides moderate support to the kneecap and you can place it wherever you need around the kneecap opening thanks to its fastener backing.
These buttresses should be used separately. This extra support is great if you are dealing with kneecap instability due to ligament sprains or tears to the cartilage that cushions your kneecap.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Bariatric Knee Brace for Morbidly Obese Patients
- What conditions does this knee brace treat? This compression wrap is specifically designed to help with pain and instability of plus-size knees, whether from arthritis, meniscus tears, past injuries and more.
- Who can wear it? This knee wrap is great for both men and women with big legs. We offer sizes ranging from XL to XXXL, fitting a wide range of kneecap and thigh circumferences.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a fabric tape measure, measure the circumference around the center of your kneecap and 6″ above the center of your kneecap, around your thigh. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing graphic in the photos above to choose the right size.
- How do I put on this plus size knee brace? First, decide whether you would rather use the pull tab support or buttress for light or moderate support, respectively. If using the buttress, attach its backing where you need support around the kneecap opening of the brace. If you are using the pull tab, remove the buttress and position the brace as needed to pull the kneecap either toward the outer or inner side of the knee (you can flip the entire wrap to get it on the other side of the knee). Next, position the circular opening over the kneecap with the buttress side against your skin. Then, wrap the straps below the knee and above the knee and secure them using their closures. The brace should be snug, but not uncomfortable. If you are using the pull tab component, you can now pull its tabs to increase tension on the kneecap.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? Yes, but this knee brace is meant to fit against your skin for a better grip. It can be worn above tight pants or leggings if necessary.
- How tall is this knee brace? 13.
- What material is this sleeve made of? Latex-free, 3/16 thick, neoprene alternative.
- When should I wear this oversized knee brace? You should always follow a doctor’s instructions regarding use of an orthotic. But generally speaking, you can wear this adjustable wrap around knee support whenever you need extra stability.The fact that the support is lightweight and breathable means you will have no problem wearing it throughout the day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity if you want.
- Washing Instructions: Wash the knee compression wrap by hand using warm water and mild soap. Lay it flat to air dry completely before reapplying. You should not use bleach or high temperatures to wash or dry this support.
- Other features:
There is no fabric at the back of the knee to bunch up.
- The support provides soothing warmth to the knee.
- The huge knee wrap wicks away moisture.
- Color: Black.