Why You Need This Abdominal Binder & Compression Belly Band
There are a number of situations where an abdominal wrap is an effective garment. A binder brace for the stomach applies compression to your low back as well as your upper and lower abdomen. The compression and support provided have a number of benefits that make this belly band great for treating a variety of things, including:
- Diastasis recti (stomach muscle separation)
- Early stage abdominal hernias or post hernia surgery
- Pregnancy-related discomfort or pain
- Abdominal muscle strain or cramping
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Post-surgical incisions
- Back pain
- Bladder problems
Some examples of post-surgical care include after liposuction, hysterectomy or tummy tuck surgery, postnatal (after your baby is born), especially if you had a C-section or multiple birth delivery, or following hernia surgery (see more hernia supports).
But remember, it’s important to consult with your doctor or physical therapist about using abdominal supports after surgery, as splinting isn’t right for everyone.
Diastasis Recti Splint for Abdominal Support During & After Pregnancy
Pregnancy puts a lot of extra pressure on your belly, which occasionally causes the muscles in your abdominal wall to lose their shape, pull apart, and separate, also known as diastasis recti. When your stomach muscles separate, your abdominal organs only have a thin band of connective tissue in front to hold them in place. In some rare, extreme cases this thin tissue may tear, and your organs may poke out of the opening, which is called a hernia.
The muscle opening often shrinks after giving birth, but research shows some women with diastasis recti experience symptoms even up to a year postnatal. Combined with exercise, this elastic bandage provides great diastasis recti prevention and lightweight support for expecting mothers.
Looking for heavy-duty support during pregnancyCheck out BraceAbility’s full line of maternity braces.
How Do I Know If I Have Diastasis Recti?
There will likely be a bulge or pooch in the middle of your belly. You might only notice it while your abdominal muscles are tense, such as during coughing.
Diastasis recti can also occur among middle-aged and older men with abdominal obesity, as well as men who yo-yo diet, do sit-ups wrong, or weight lift incorrectly. (Use our quick and easy BMI calculator to find out if you’re overweight or obese!)
What Is an Abdominal Hernia? (Do I Have One?)
An abdominal hernia refers to a protrusion of your intestine through an opening or weak area of the abdominal wall. While this does cause a noticeable bulge, it does not typically cause a lot of pain.
A hernia can occur in a number of places on your body, with the hernia’s classification depending upon where one that develops around your belly button is known as an umbilical hernia, while an inguinal hernia might appear in the groin area, for example. Learn the difference between an abdominal strain and a hernia.
Thanks to the versatility of this abdominal hernia brace, it can help whether you are in need of an abdominal binder for an umbilical hernia or a femoral hernia in the leg.
4 Reasons Why People Love This Postpartum Abdominal Support Band
This stomach tightening girdle has several transformative features that make it stand out from other abdominal support braces. Following we list the top 4 reasons why people love this compression truss belt.
Entire Binder isFastener Compatible for Adjustable Compression
With just one fastener closure, this recovery wrap is a breeze to apply. Without fraying the fabric the medical-grade,fastener strip can be applied anywhere on this belt for custom support and compression. Many users describe the flexible fit as being so comfortable you forget you’re even wearing an abdominal wrap. It also helps hold in excess or hanging stomach fat like a girdle, providing a slight slimming effect to your belly.
Made of Non-Slip, Moisture-Wicking Material
Perhaps the best feature of this tummy separation repair splint is the non-slip, moisture-wicking, and lightweight foam material it’s specially engineered out of. The foam-like interior is smooth and soft against your skin for optimal comfort.
This belly binder is hypoallergenic, neoprene, and latex-free, which is perfect if you suffer from allergies. The same medical-grade nylon / spandex fabric is also used for BraceAbility’s non-slip knee wrap.
How Does the Moisture-Wicking Material Work?
The sweat-resistant material is specially designed to release moisture and heat, making this tummy splint a cool and comfortable abdominal brace for a variety of athletes.
This body bandage is perfect if you’re looking to maintain an active lifestyle but need extra support around your core while walking, running, or working out.
The moisture-wicking, non-slip fabric keeps your athletic abdominal support in place even after you break a sweat.
Helps Diminish Back Pain
In addition to speeding up your recovery process, the compression also helps transfer stress away from your lumbar spine, diminishing lower back pain and protecting against further damage. The 9-inch tall back support sleeve also promotes better posture, which in and of itself can help ease pain.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Non-Slip Stomach Wrap for Diastasis Recti
- Who can wear it? With sizes ranging from XS to Large, anyone from petite to plus size females and males can wear this abdominal binder.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a fabric tape measure, stand up and measure the circumference of your waist at its smallest point. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing graphic in the photos above to choose the right size. (Click here to see BraceAbility’s full line of plus-size bariatric supports!)
- What conditions does this abdominal support brace treat? This abdominal trainer helps fix and provide support for rectus diastasis (stomach separation), lumbar pain, and abdominal muscle strain / injury. The splint also promotes healing following childbirth, hysterectomy, gastroplasty, liposuction, abdominoplasty, and coolsculpting.
- How do I put it on? While standing, simply wrap the belly band around your core and secure with fasteners once you’ve reached a nice, snug fit.
- Can I wear this stomach wrap over my shirt? Yes. It can fit comfortably under or over shirts.
- How tall is this support? About 9” tall.
- What material is this binder made of? The material is a proprietary hydrophilic, open cell foam joined to quality, specially engineered, medical grade nylon / spandex fabrics. It is hypoallergenic, latex-free, and neoprene-free.
- When should I wear this? This tummy binder can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should consult with your doctor before wearing any abdominal support for extended periods of time, such as sleeping.
- Washing Instructions: We recommend hand washing this diastasis recti splint in warm water with mild soap. Allow the binder to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Dermatologically safe for allergy sufferers.
- Engineered out of a lightweight, breathable fabric that wicks away moisture.
- Made in America.
- Color: Black.