Removable Elbow Immobilizer and Fracture Splint
An elbow immobilizer brace helps protect your forearm, elbow, and upper arm after injury or surgery. This elbow stabilizer splint provides comfortable and secure immobilization of your elbow at a fixed 90-degree angle. The soft, removable cast can be used whenever your elbow needs to be held in a locked position.
Designed to help relieve pain and aid in the recovery of several injuries and conditions including:
- Broken elbow
- Distal humerus fracture
- Proximal ulna break
- Elbow hyperextension
- Chronic olecranon bursitis
- Infected popeye elbow
- Supracondylar fracture
- Shattered or chipped bone in elbow
- Post-cast removal
- Swollen elbow
- After elbow surgery
Not sure what the source of your elbow pain is No problem! Talk with your doctor and visit our resource library to learn about other common elbow injuries and conditions.
4 Reasons Why People Love this 90 Degree Broken Elbow Brace
Anyone recovering from a radial head fracture or another elbow injury can benefit from a well-engineered, lightweight splint. Below, you will find the top four highest-rated features, which make this soft, full-arm cast the best assistant during the recovery process:
Removable Metal Stays
This elbow fracture splint includes four aluminum metal stays that are covered by soft foam, helping to stabilize and support your elbow. The hard stays, located on the sides and the back of the arm brace, are removable if you desire a more flexible fit. They are easily adjustable with fastener strips on the back of them. Thanks to these metallic stays, the splint will maintain a 90-degree position just like a cast but allows for more flexibility and comfort.
For extra support, pair this forearm and elbow immobilizer with our Broken Arm Sling. An injured arm requires constant rest as well as care. The elbow sling helps unload the weight of your arm and brace while you recuperate.
Soft Long Arm Cast Includes a Free Bursa Pad
The breathable foam laminate that this ulnar fracture arm splint is made of is soft against your skin. Pressure-sensitive fabric molds comfortably around your arm and elbow. A free bursa pad, included inside the brace, provides extra cushion and protection for your injured elbow and is removable if desired. These qualities enhance the comfort of your elbow immobilizer, allowing you to wear it for long hours at a time.
Available in Two Sizes
This supracondylar fracture splint for tendon pain, olecranon bursitis, and more is available in two different sizes, S/M and L/XL. The S/M is 13 inches in length, while the L/XL is 15 inches long. Depending on if you want your hand covered or not, measure from your elbow to your wrist area to determine which size to order. You will also need to measure your bicep, as the S/M only fits bicep circumferences up to 15 inches. Size L/XL fits bicep circumferences up to 18 inches. The height of the broken elbow brace is 8 inches for the S/M and 10 inches for the L/XL.
Use on Your Right or Left Arm
It can be worn interchangeably on either your right or left arm. The orthopedic wrap also features adjustable fastener straps, making it very easy to apply and adjust compression as needed. Small hook tabs help to assist you when applying or adjusting this brace.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Soft, Full-Arm Cast
- What conditions/injuries does this elbow stabilizer treat? Designed to help relieve pain and aid in the recovery of a broken elbow, hyperextension, chronic olecranon bursitis, infected popeye elbow, supracondylar fracture, distal humerus break, tendonitis, fractured proximal ulna, post-cast removal, swollen elbow, coronoid fracture, elbow avulsion fracture, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, and after surgery.
- How does it work? This full-arm splint provides secure, comfortable immobilization of your elbow at 90 degrees.
- When should I wear it? It can be worn throughout the day or night. Talk to your doctor for specific usage instructions.
- What is it made of? Constructed of soft foam laminate with three rigid metal stays and medical-grade fasteners. All components are latex free.
- Who can wear this brace? Great for adult men or women.
- What size should I buy? Depending on if you want your hand covered or not, measure from your elbow to your wrist area to determine which size to order. You will also need to measure your bicep, as the S/M only fits bicep circumferences up to 15 inches. Size L/XL fits bicep circumferences up to 18 inches.
- How do I put it on? Place your forearm into the brace, making sure your elbow is firmly on the elbow bursa pad. The pad is removable if desired. Next, grasp the shorter portion of the brace and wrap around your bicep. Use the smaller hook tab to assist in closure and wrap the two straps around the brace. Use the same process for the bottom section. Adjust the straps to your desired compression level. The metal stays are also removable and adjustable as needed.
- Can it be worn on my right or left arm? Yes, this elbow protector can be worn on either your right or left arm.
- Can I wear this soft elbow splint over a long-sleeved shirt? Yes, this elbow compression sleeve can be worn over long-sleeved shirts. In fact, some people prefer the added layer of fabric between their arm and the padded splint.
- How tall is this brace? The height of the elbow brace is 8 inches for the S/M and 10 inches for the L/XL.
- Washing instructions: Remove metal stay, close all fasteners, and hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow brace to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Can be worn on your left or right arm
- Medical-grade hook and loop fastener is ten times stronger than standard, retail-grade fastener
- Pressure-sensitive foam laminate shields your elbow from impact
- Color: Black