Why Do I Need This Back Brace for Sciatica?
Compression is a key component for those trying to reduce their sciatica pain and discomfort. Although many individuals have symptoms occurring in the legs and buttock region, the underlying cause of the pain originates in your lumbar back region. This is why wearing a brace that applies such pressure and compression is vital. This brace also allows easy hot/cold therapy as it has a pocket designed for hot and cold packets. Read below for more great features of the brace and to learn more about sciatica!
Features of the Lumbar Brace for Pinched Nerve In Back Treatment:
Sciatica Pain Treatment Provides Support and Compression
This 9 tall lumbar belt works to compress and support the lower spine to remedy a pinched nerve. The belt for lower back treatment contours to the shape of your body, making it customizable for anyone.
Sciatica Brace Features Double Pull Tension Straps
The double pull tension straps of this lumbosacral support belt help maximize the amount of pressure applied to your back. These straps are easily tightened/loosened for your desired level of compression.
Comfortable, Flexible, and Customizable Design
The brace is lightweight and thin, yet supportive allowing it to be worn over or underneath your clothing. In addition, the comfort of the premium-quality neoprene and elastic material allows for day or nighttime wear. This braces low profile and everyday use design ensure your sciatica a quick recovery. This lumbar band can be worn by men and women of all ages; during the day at work or at home, at night while you’re sleeping, or even during activities like walking or working out at the gym.
Sciatica Back Brace Includes Back Pocket for Hot/Cold Inserts
Adding to its benefits, this pain reliever brace effectively helps sciatica through featured pockets that hold a gel insert for hot or cold therapy, the best form of treatment for a pinched nerve. Hot and cold therapy is tremendous solutions for lumbar pinched nerves because they reduce any type of inflammation causing pain. The hot and cold therapy gel insert stays flexible, allowing the device to conform to the shape of your body.
On top of this, you can also purchase an additional pressure pad to help with your compression therapy. The pressure pad works to reduce pain by adding pressure to the affected area. These inserts will ensure your sciatica it’s quickest and most effective form of recovery.
Both inserts are sold separately.
Wide Range of Sizes from Small up to 4XL Plus Size
This sciatic nerve treatment brace comes in sizes ranging from S all the way up to 4XL, fitting hip/waist circumferences of 26in-86in. The size variations help fit any individual, even those considered large or plus size individuals.
What’s the Difference Between Sciatica and a Pinched Nerve?
People often misunderstand what sciatica is versus a pinched nerve. True sciatica is actually a symptom of some form of nerve compression. This means that sciatica is the name for the pain that you feel (usually in your leg) because you have a pinch in the nerve in your lower lumbar back.
The term sciatica is not an actual medical diagnosis in and of itself. Rather, it’s used to describe the symptoms (chronic leg pain) of an underlying medical problem (a pinched nerve in your back). Most often, people refer to sciatica when they are experiencing leg pain. Other symptoms may include leg numbness, pain while sitting down, burning, tingling, and other types of buttocks, thigh, or calf pain.
How does a nerve in your back become pinched or compressed? Common lower back conditions that are actually the cause of your sciatica are often times lumbar herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis, or spinal stenosis. These conditions involve the discs that surround your spinal cord becoming weak or damaged. This damage then causes pressure to be placed directly on your spinal cord nerves – ultimately causing sciatica pain.
What Causes Sciatica or a Pinched Lumbar Nerve?
The most common cause of issues related to sciatica is an improper closure of the space where a canal lies between the vertebrae. This type of improper closure comes from conditions like those listed below, such as a bulging or degenerated disc. Another potential cause could be back trauma so severe that the vertebral joints become inflamed and the muscles of the back tighten up around the affected area. This type of trauma can place chronic stress around the vertebrae and cause nerve compression.
This lumbar band for both a man and woman work as a great form of treatment because it will not only compress the affected area but also work to realign and reduce inflammation. When suffering from these types of conditions it’s vital your brace puts pressure on the irritated area in order to protect the tissue. This lumbar band will help create stability with the spinal column while still providing the area with pain relief.
Most Common Symptoms of Severe Sciatica Back Pain:
- Constant chronic pain running down one side of the buttocks or leg
- Pain that worsens when seated
- Leg pain described as tingling, numbness, or a burning sensation
- Sharp pain making it difficult to stand up or walk
Conditions Which Cause Pinched Nerves in Your Back:
- Lumbar Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
Sciatica Treatment At Home:
To cure sciatica the focus is usually on the lumbar region because this is usually the root of the leg pain. Here are some good natural home remedies to help ease your discomfort from sciatica:
- Hot/cold therapy
- Low to moderate exercises
- Stretching and yoga
- Physical therapy
Looking for other sciatica supports BraceAbility has a wide variety of other braces to help relieve your sciatica pain.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Sciatica Pain Relief Brace
- What conditions / injuries does this brace treat?This back brace for sleeping can help alleviate lower back pain, muscle strains, tears, or pulls, bulging discs, herniated discs, scoliosis, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, and hip pain. It helps morbidly obese individuals suffering from excess pain in their lumbar spine.
- How does it work? This sciatica lumbar support is specifically designed to provide superior lower back and abdominal support, easing mild to chronic back pain.
- When should I wear it? Thanks to the lightweight, latex-free material it’s possible for you to wear this brace 24/7 if advised by your doctor. You can sleep in this brace due to its comfortable material. Speak with a medical professional before wearing any brace for an extended amount of time.
- What is it made of? Made of medical-grade elastic and neoprene back panel with nylon hook and loop fasteners. All components are latex-free.
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages can benefit from this lower back belt. A pregnant woman can even wear this support so long as her belly does not take her past the size limit and her doctor approves. We also offer maternity support binders.
- What size should I buy? Using a soft, flexible tape measure, find the circumference around your belly button, in inches. This obese medical support accommodates large waists and fits wide belly button circumferences up to 86 inches.
- How do I put it on? Unhook all closures and lay the brace flat on the floor to identify the top side. The top has a pocket opening, which allows you to insert our compatible pressure pad or cold and hot therapy gel pack. Position the brace behind your body so it’s centered on your back with the bottom of the brace sitting at the widest part of your hips. Fold the left side of the brace towards the middle of your stomach. Do the same with the right side but pull firmly and secure the closure. Repeat this process with the double-pull tension straps for your desired compression level.
- How do I adjust the brace Grab the double-pull tension straps (located on the outside of the brace) and adjust them to make it either tighter or looser.
- How tall is this brace? The brace tapers from 9 inches tall in the back to 6 inches tall in the front.
- Washing Instructions:First, remove pressure pad or cold / hot therapy gel pack, if applicable. Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Flexible and comfortable, making it ideal for bedtime.
- Unisex brace fits average to overweight or morbidly obese men and women.
- Provided compression stimulates healing, reducing inflammation.