Why You Need This Walking Boot for Broken Toe Injuries and More
Looking for an affordable walking boot? Look no further. This broken toe boot was specifically designed to provide mobility, protection, and support for day-to-day activities while recovering from a toe, foot, or ankle injury.
Some of the most common sports-medicine injuries this walking boot helps treat and protect include:
- Partial stress fractures
- Achilles tendonitis
- Post bunionectomy
- Toe, foot, and ankle sprains
- Post-operative use
- Bruised foot bone
- Metatarsal foot fractures
- Lisfranc injuries
This broken toe boot offers the support and protection you need after your break your toe or some other bone of the foot, along with additional features that make wearing the broken toe walking boot a surprisingly comfortable experience.
6 Reasons Why People Love This Orthotic Boot for Foot Injuries
Low-Profile and Lightweight
Surprisingly lightweight, this post-op boot for a broken toe has a relatively low-profile fit when compared to other broken toe boots. This innovative design improves your mobility throughout the day. Plus, its universal design means you can wear this recovery boot interchangeably on your right or left foot.
Lightweight Polymer Shell
In comparison to a lot of other walking boots for foot fractures on the market, which are made out of plastic and metal struts, our walking boot??s shell is constructed entirely out of a polymer material. Although it looks similar to regular plastic, polymer is a very strong, high-tech form of plastic.
Wide Footbed and Open-Toe Design
This foot boot for broken toes leaves the toe area open. This is convenient for accessing bandaging and not restricting your tender area. In addition, this also improves the breathability of the toe fracture boot.
Similarly, the wide footbed of the boot for a broken big toe and more is also a wise design element, because after sustaining a foot or toe injury you??re likely to experience swelling and your injury might need bandaging. This broken toe boot/shoe allows extra room for this. And once your swelling has gone down, you can adjust the liner and straps of your boot for turf toe to tighten the fit, if needed.
Deluxe Foam Interior
This boot for fractured toes and other injuries is lined with a deluxe foam material that is soft and squishy against your skin.
Plus, to eliminate any discomfort you might experience as you move throughout the day, extra foam pads are also included with your purchase. These soft pads can be placed anywhere within your boot to help prevent discomfort from pressure points, gaps, rubbing, or chafing against your skin.
Natural Rocker Bottom
The curved bottom of this fractured toe boot promotes a smooth gait that is more energy efficient. This means that unlike some broken toe boots, this one will not cause a hitch in your step that can lead to other problems, such as hip or back pain. Plus, the arching rocker design of this shoe boot helps reduce impact and plantar pressures.
Another outstanding feature of this boot is that the fasteners are much stronger than most. That is because these are medical-grade?fastener straps, which are 10 times stronger than the retail-grade?fastener you??ll find on braces at Target, Walmart, or your local drugstore. Medical-grade?fastener is meant to open and close 900 times, unlike retail-grade, which is only meant to open and close 90 times.
Air vs. Non-Air and Short vs. Tall Medical Boots: What??s the Difference?
Not sure which walker boot is right for you? The only major difference between an air (pneumatic) and a non-air walking boot is that an air boot features an air pump. The pump on an air walker boot inflates an air bladder, which provides customizable compression and increased stabilization for serious toe, foot, and ankle injuries.
Depending on how tall you are, as well as the location and severity of your injury, a tall walking boot might be ideal compared to a short walking boot. Anybody 6?? or taller should purchase a tall walking boot for proper support, protection, and immobilization of their foot and ankle. If you are tall, a short boot might irritate your shin. Also, in addition to ankle sprains and fractures, tall boots can help with some lower leg fractures.
Avoid further injury??preventing knee, hip, and back pain??due to leg length discrepancy when wearing a walking boot with the?Evenup Shoe Balancer. The Evenup is the easy way to ??even up?? leg length from your hip to the sole of your foot, making walking with a boot safe and pain free.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Orthopedic Boot for Broken Toe Care
- What conditions / injuries does this boot treat? It??s great for toe, foot, and ankle injuries including stress fractures, post-op bunion removal, sprains, strains, bruised foot bones, metatarsal fractures, general foot and ankle pain, lisfranc injuries, and Achilles tendonitis.
- How does it work? Designed to provide mobility, protection, and support for day-to-day activities while immobilizing your toe, foot, and ankle.
- Who can wear this brace? It comes in sizes ranging from XS to XL, which fit a wide variety of adult men and women, as well as some teenagers and kids.
- What size should I get? To choose your size, view our sizing graphic in the images above. This walking boot is universal, so it will fit your right or left foot.
- When should I wear it? Use anytime your toe, foot, or ankle needs to be immobilized. Can be worn throughout the day for support. Ask your doctor before wearing this while sleeping.
- What is it made of? This brace is made out of a polymer plastic shell, as well as deluxe foam lining.
- How tall is this walking boot for broken toes? 11 inches tall.
- How do I put it on? With all fasteners open, place your foot inside the boot liner, making sure to slide your heel to the back of the boot. Close the liner, starting near your toes and working up towards your lower leg. Fasten the straps, working toe up. Make sure the strap are tight so your foot and heel stay in place. Attach extra foam pads to the liner with?fasteners anywhere you feel uncomfortable pressure or gaps.
- Washing Instructions: Handwash all components in warm water with mild soap, allowing it to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Natural, non-invasive fix for many sources of foot and ankle pain.
- Easy to put on, take off and adjust.
- Extra foam pads are included with your purchase for an enhanced fit.
- Color: Black.
- XS weighs 1 pound 13 ounces
- S weighs 1 pound 15 ounces
- M weighs 2 pounds 2 ounces
- L weighs 2 pounds 4 ounces
- XL weighs 2 pounds 14 ounce?