Industrial Work Back Brace for Lifting Heavy Objects
Back braces for work are an in-demand item. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, back injuries account for nearly 20% of all injuries/illnesses on the job and cost the nation between $20 billion and $50 billion each year. Wearing a back belt for lifting can lessen the strain on your back, ease existing pain, and help prevent damage to the structures of your lumbar spine.
Many men and women suffer from lower back pain due to a variety of things such as occupations that require heavy lifting, injuries such as a sprain or pulled muscle, or conditions including:
- Herniated disc
- Degenerative disc disease
If you have a job that requires lifting heavy objects frequently (for example, construction workers, movers, or warehouse workers), this brace can help reduce the pain you might be experiencing after a long day at work. These jobs can cause wear and tear on your spine, especially in your lower back region. This wear and tear can ultimately leave you more prone to other injuries or conditions, which may even eventually require surgery. Therefore, having the correct form can be extremely important for your overall health.
This simple back brace with suspenders does a great job of promoting proper lifting techniques and stops you from bending or twisting at the waist.
As for back conditions (the ones mentioned above), this work belt can help provide support to your lumbar spine as well as your abdomen. By securing this brace, you are immobilizing your lower back region, which reduces the chance of pulling or straining your muscles and ligaments. It can also help treat moderate arthritis and general to chronic lower back pain.
5 Reasons Why People Love This Back Brace for Construction, Movers, & Warehouse Workers
Wearing a back belt for lifting is a quick and easy way to prevent back injuries before they occur. Several innovative and high-tech features make this affordable compression brace for lower back pain treatment and prevention one of the best.
Features Adjustable Suspender Shoulder Straps
Featuring crisscross shoulder straps, this deluxe industrial back support belt provides additional support when lifting. If you do not need the added support or if you desire a sleeker fit, the suspenders can simply be unattached. Adjust the length of the suspenders with the hook and loop fasteners.
Double-Pull Tension Straps Provide?Added Compression & Support
This back brace has double-pull elastic tension straps to provide extra compression and support. Easily adjust the straps on your own by pulling them out and away from your body until you reach the amount of compression you desire then simply secure the straps to the abdominal belt with the fastener.
Made of Breathable, Medical-Grade Elastic
Wear this comfortable back support for lifting over or beneath your clothing. It comes in a discreet black color. This lifting back belt is constructed of medical-grade elastic that is cool and comfortable to wear while working or weightlifting.
Available in Average to Plus Sizes
The abdominal wrap of this industrial back support comes in several sizes fitting a wide variety of body circumferences, including plus size men and women.
Looking for other extra-large back braces. Check out our large selection of plus size braces to help you find the perfect one for your condition.
Includes Flexible, Sewn-in Stays
Enclosed plastic stays provide boning to correct poor posture and prevent rolling or bunching during wear. The stays also encourage proper bending or pushing techniques and other back-related tasks.
Why wear a heavy lifting back brace for work?
Using a low-back belt to reduce lumbar pain is not a new concept. Such products were originally used during medical rehab, but back belts in the workforce and weightlifting supports have since gained in popularity, both for the added support they provide when lifting, bending, etc. and for their ability to address back pain.
Wearing a back support while working can help reduce stress on your spine, increase intra-abdominal pressure to counteract forces on your spine, and reduce loads when lifting by stiffening your spine. The crisscross straps of this back belt increase its supportive properties and help keep it in place.
Along those same lines, know that wearing a back brace at work should not inflate your self-confidence or sense of security when lifting. While wearing an industrial back brace can help treat and prevent low-back pain, you can still sustain an injury while wearing it especially if you lift more than you should.
In addition, you should not wear an industrial back support belt around the clock. Doing so can cause the muscles in your back to lose strength and flexibility, leaving you more prone to injury.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Back Brace for Lifting
- What conditions/injuries does this back stabilizer treat? This back brace support belt can help encourage proper lifting techniques, treating lumbar strains, sprains, arthritis of the lumbar spine, and moderate low back pain. This lifting brace can also help prevent a back injury or another injury to your lumbar spine.
- How does it work? The belt supports the lower back and abdomen, which creates intracavitary pressure that transfers stress away from the spine.
- When should I wear it? You should always follow a doctor’s instructions regarding usage. But generally speaking, you can safely wear this belt whenever you need extra support and / or pain relief.
- What is it made of? The belt is made of a latex-free, premium-quality elastic material, plastic stays, and medical-grade closures.
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages can benefit from this belt. As mentioned above, this is a very popular brace for individuals whose work occupations that require heavy lifting such as construction, movers, or warehouse workers.
- What size should I buy? In order to determine which size you need, measure the circumference around your waist, specifically at your belly button (refer to sizing chart above). This back brace with suspenders is available in sizes M-3XL, fitting average to plus size males and females.
- How do I put it on? Lay back brace flat and locate the top of the support. Start to apply the brace like a backpack by placing your arms in the straps. Grasp the back support and place it over the center of your back, the support should rest over your waistline at the top of your pants. With your left hand, fold in the left side of the belt. Pulling tightly, fold in the right side, attaching it to the belt. Repeat with the double-pull tension straps. It should fit snug. Adjust the suspenders to your height as needed.
- Can I adjust or remove the suspender straps? Yes, the straps are completely adjustable and are able to be removed if you desire a lower profile back brace for lifting. If you wish to remove them, simply detach the fastener and slide the strap through the buckle, removing the entire strap.
- How tall is this brace? It is 9 tall in back and 6 tall in front.
- Washing Instructions: Close fasteners and hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Allow the brace to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Elastic material is flexible, lightweight, and breathable, which is great for active use.
- Medical-grade fasteners are 10X stronger than standard, retail-grade fasteners.
- Optional, criss-cross suspender straps hold the brace securely in place.
- Color: Black.