Best Features of This Arthritis Neoprene Knee Brace for Men & Women
Available in a Wide Range of Sizes
Designed to fit average to plus-size men and women, this bariatric support is available in sizes XL-6XL. But to say it is an extra-large brace is a bit misleading, as with this brace, the size XL fits more like a medium would. That being said, it is extremely important to measure before purchasing this knee support to ensure you receive a size that will fit you properly!
If you’re on the hunt for a smaller sized knee brace, check out our Torn Meniscus Knee Brace with full flexion and extension control.
Simple, Wrap-Around Application
This hassle-free recovery knee splint was created with the fit of large legs and thighs in mind. The effortless wraparound configuration and tabs make this knee support super easy to put on and take off. Anterior fastener straps are located just above and below the kneecap, allowing for easy application and overall fit for bigger men and women. Plus, you can wear this brace interchangeably on your right or left knee!
Made of Premium-Grade Neoprene
Looking for discreet arthritic knee support. This brace is black in color, 12 inches tall and inches thick, allowing the wrap to be worn under loose pants or over fitted leggings. Constructed of comfortable neoprene material, this obesity knee pain brace provides soothing warmth and moderate elastic compression to help reduce swelling and encourage blood flow to speed up your healing process.
Includes Dual-Axis Polycentric Hinges
Trying to lose weight? The extra support provided by this brace can ease extra pressure placed on your knee joint during anything from exercise and sports to standing, walking, and work. Two heavy-duty hinges provide enhanced stability to the medial (inner) and lateral (outer) sides of your knee, which is especially useful if you suffer from carrying around extra weight. Need a lower level of support Simply remove the hinges to create a low-profile knee support that is comfortable and discreet enough to wear all day.
Open-Patella & Open-Popliteal Design
If you find solid neoprene knee supports or ACE bandages sweaty and uncomfortable, this brace is definitely a better fit for you. Although full coverage knee sleeves provide a little extra support, they tend to bunch behind your knee joint and slide down during physical activities and sports. An opening over your kneecap reduces pressure on your sore kneecap, making this plus size brace more breathable and flexible than a solid knee sleeve. In addition, a circular cutout behind your knee (popliteal) helps prevent the brace from bunching when walking or bending.
Hinged Knee Brace for Tendonitis Pain & Meniscus Tears
This adjustable wraparound knee brace is one of our most popular supports, fitting a range of average to plus size men and women. Our neoprene brace was designed to protect your knee from future injuries, alleviate pain, and provide comfortable all-day support.
This hinged knee brace for large legs can help treat many causes of knee pain and conditions including:
- Meniscus tears
- Knee arthritis
- Moderate knee sprains and knee strains
- ACL and LCL injuries
- Knock knees
- Knee tendonitis
- Patellar instability
- Baker’s Cyst
- General knee pain
Do I Need a Plus Size Knee Brace?
About 1 in every 5 American adults suffer from weight-related knee pain, which makes sense considering over half of Americans are overweight to morbidly obese. Those extra pounds increase stress on your knees, which can cause chronic pain, leading to other painful knee-related complications, such as arthritis or osteoarthritis
Unfortunately, there is no cure for the aching pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis, outside of a knee replacement. However, there are steps you can take to ease the discomfort, including the use of a plus-size knee brace or exercises for overweight knee pain. This knee brace is especially helpful among bariatric adults because its hinges help remove excess strain on your joints, stabilizing your knee so additional inflammation and damage do not occur.
Frequently Asked Questions about This Extra-Large Knee Brace for Big Legs
- What conditions does this knee brace treat? This knee brace helps treat and prevent knee arthritis and osteoarthritis, meniscus tears, obesity knee pain, knee sprains and strains, ACL, LCL, MCL and PCL ligament injuries, knee tendonitis, athletic injuries, knock knees, baker’s cyst, and surgery recovery.
- Who can wear it With sizes ranging from XL to 6XL, average to plus size adults can wear this knee brace.
- How do I know what size to get? This brace runs small, please refer to our sizing graphic to choose the right size for you. Using a soft, flexible tape measure, find the circumference of your leg 6in above the center of your kneecap and 6in below the center of your kneecap. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you.
- How do I put on this patella stabilizer?
- Position behind your knee with the tag on top in your left hand.
- Wrap the bottom snugly around your leg, directly below your kneecap.
- Repeat to secure top portion, assuring the circular opening is around your kneecap.
- Feed the bottom strap through the D-ring and secure. Repeat to secure top strap.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? Yes, but this knee brace is meant to fit against your skin for a better grip. It can be worn above tight pants or leggings if necessary.
- How tall is this meniscus knee brace? 12 inches tall.
- What material is this support made of? Latex-free, 1/8 inch thick, premium-grade neoprene, plastic hinges, nylon straps, and medical-grade fasteners.
- When should I wear this knee brace? This lightweight knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should check with your primary care physician before wearing any compression knee brace or sleeve while sleeping.
- Washing instructions: Remove hinges, close fasteners and hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Then, lay it flat to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Removable hinges allow for various levels of support throughout recovery process
- Great option for men and women with bigger legs and thighs
- Wraparound application for easy-to-adjust compression
- Color: Black.